Delicious and comfort food creamy Tuscan chicken pasta made entirely in one pot!
This Italian creamy pasta dish boasts tender chicken and is my go-to comfort food. It is a staple in my house because it is a quick 30 minute delicious weeknight dinner! Whether it’s Alfredo sauce and mozzarella cheese, I’m all about it. And I’m sure your siblings are going to love this tasty creamy Tuscan chicken pasta dinner. Its maximum flavor bounds taste in a family-friendly dinner starring spinach and sun-dried tomatoes tossed in a garlicky Parmesan cheese sauce.
Delicious creamy Tuscan chicken pasta
Creamy Tuscan chicken pasta is a handful of ingredients easily combined in one pot. It consists of penne noodles and tender chicken seasoned to perfection all swimming in a luscious creamy sauce. It has the most amazing creamy garlic sauce with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. What’s not to like about it? Minimal time of just 30 minutes and minimal cleanup (only one pot, remember)! You have a comforting Tuscan dinner, ready to serve!
Why You’ll Love Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Super Easy To Make
- Young Kids love eating veggies – always a healthy choice.
- Hearty pasta dish in a creamy sauce (Yummy!)
- Ready in 30 Minutes
- Made In One Pot for an easy cleanup
- All your tasty and favorite Italian flavors in one pasta dinner
- Simple Ingredient List
- Delicious Italian Comfort Food
Do you have leftover chicken right now? Great! You can make it even quicker. There’s just love simply about one pot of pasta. It’s all about amazing taste and easy to make! Try this creamy Tuscan chicken pasta recipe, I promise you will want to lick your plate! The recipe involves no-fuss prep with bon viveur-looking results. Put this pasta at the top of your must-make pasta list!
Ingredients to make Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Boneless chicken breasts: Use skinless chicken thighs to make this pasta. Thinly sliced pieces will work best because these will cook even more quickly.
- Sun-dried tomatoes: The taste of the sun-dried tomatoes in the creamy Alfredo sauce is mouth-watering! Your sun-dried tomatoes are in oil? First, drain them well. Then pat the tomatoes dry and remove the excess oil.
- Fresh spinach: The best way to get veggies into choosy pasta eaters. Chop and add fresh spinach to the cream sauce at the end after reducing the heat to a simmer.
- Butter: Everything is better combined with butter. It is used to cook the pasta in the pot.
- Italian seasoning: A perfect blend of Italian seasons for the incredible flavor of pasta and chicken dishes.
- Garlic cloves: Imparts yummy and rich flavor to the chicken bake and sauce.
- Salt and Pepper: Brings out the best taste.
- Pasta: I used penne pasta and it tasted amazing. But you can use your favorite pasta or even change it up with gluten-free pasta.
- Alfredo sauce: A cheesy white sauce comes in jars. You can also make it at home.
- Parmesan cheese: Cheese is a must ingredient and it melts into the entire dish. Use clearly grated for the best consistency in your dish.
- Heavy cream: It will make the slightly creamy base of the pasta sauce.
How to make creamy Tuscan chicken pasta
- Add water to a large pot, add some salted, and bring it to a boil. Add the pasta and cook it for around 10 minutes until it is al dente. Strain the pasta and set it aside.
- To a heavy-bottomed stock pot, add the bacon. Set the pot over medium-low heat. Cook it with continuous stirring. With the help of a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon pieces to a separate bowl and set them aside. Take off all drippings in the pot. (If not more than 2 tbs are in the pot, supplement with or olive oil.)
- Season the chicken breasts in olive oil and cook on one side for 4 minutes. Then flip once and cooked through until golden for 5 more minutes. Set aside on a separate plate and it rests for 5 minutes. Dice into bite-sized pieces and leave 2 tbs drippings in the pot.
- Add butter to the same pot and let it melt. Add the spinach while increasing the heat to medium. Cook and stir for at least 2 minutes until wilted. Add the white wine, tomato paste, oregano, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Use a silicone spatula to cook it through. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the heavy cream and sour cream and bring to a simmer. Cook alongside stirring it occasionally, until it is slightly thickened. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and then add pasta. Cook pasta according to instructions on the package. (Taste tests a noodle before continuing). Stir the mixture until fully coated in the sauce.
- Return the chicken to the pot, and stir in the half and half along with the sun-dried tomatoes and reserved bacon. Bring to a boil and stir to combine for 1-2 minutes.
Store leftover pasta to save your time on a busy night. In order to store it, you will have to wait until it is cool completely. Then, within 2 hours of cooking, store leftover pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. If storing is airtight, it will remain good for even 6 months in a freezer.
To thaw pasta from frozen, it is better to heat it up. Use whisk sauce thoroughly to get the pasta sauce back to its original delicious and creamy consistency. At that point, you can also add additional chicken pieces or cream if your sauce is breaking.
- Adding any type of extra veggies and even more, spinach will make this dish healthier. What about adding mushrooms kale, broccoli florets, and butternut squash? Extra nutrients you might be looking for!
- You can substitute heavy cream with coconut cream. Want to reduce the fat percentage in this dish? Use a lower fat content cream/milk. Don’t use milk only. It won’t make pasta as thick and creamy!
- You can use both store-bought and homemade Alfredo sauce.
- While adding cheese you have to make sure the base isn’t too hot. Cheese has a tendency to separate and create a grainy consistency. Grate it from a block because it will melt much better than packaged grated cheese.
Isn’t it a perfect recipe to use rotisserie chicken or any cooked chicken you have on hand?
Try out our other pasta recipes like this one: Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?