Cloud computing is an up-and-coming technology aimed at providing various computing and storage services over the Internet. Cloud computing is the development of parallel computing, distributed computing, cloud computing and virtualization technology as well as cloud computing is an emerging model of business computing.
Multimedia is that the field bothered with the computer-controlled accumulation of text, graphics, drawings, still and moving pictures (Video), animation, audio, and the other media wherever each form of information may be depicted.
There are important applications of cloud computing which are followings:
- Secure data storage center on the internet
- Data sharing among different equipment
- Possibility for users to use the internet
- High quality equipment for the user
Challenges in multimedia cloud computing:
Cloud computing must address technical challenges to contain these organizational forms, including following:
The number of machines in a cloud serving hundreds of millions of users can reach tens of thousands of machines distributed across multiple data centers, where it also may be necessary for data center capacity to fall over to still other data centers. Failed computers have to be replaced (virtually) by others that are waiting in inventory for automatic configuration and deployment. Data integrity and security of personal information has become major issue and risks are 100% in open nature of cloud computing. Cloud computing service providers must adopted most complicated and latest tools with secured procedures to provide better security.
- Further risk with cloud computing is the use of content after access. The risk is higher in a cloud network because the information is outside the corporate walls.
- The error-prone wireless environment can cause failure of security protection, between the personal mobile users and mobile cloud.
- Users were unwilling to disclose their own unique and private information including multimedia contents to others. Since the contents shared among social friends were more trustworthy than those from strangers. There may be malicious attackers in an MMSN who might launch attacks to either degrade network performance or violate legitimate users’ information.
- The execution of application in MEC requires the migration of application from the mobile device to MEC server. The application execution was taken away from the mobile device on the MEC server by transporting the application on wireless medium where application was exposed to intruders.
Data or service compliance is another complicated issue when it comes to cloud computing. Lack of collaborative work between the cloud user and the CSP in identifying and reacting to security incidents is another vital area of cloud security that need to be explored in-depth. Again mutual trust between the CSP and the Client is another vital issue that is inevitably related to cloud security.
The data transmission over the network should be quite secured in client server architecture while sharing important data among the users.
Multimedia applications in cloud computing, in which multimedia types include; Audio, Video, Text, Graphics, Animation. The cloud multimedia application faces major problems in which; lack of appropriate governance, isolation failure, malicious attacks from management internally, insecure or in complete data deletion, data interception, and compromise of management interface. In this research we have conducted a critical review in which we defined cloud computing, Multimedia types tools, cloud multimedia applications and the role of cloud computing in current and emerging technologies as well as due to the multimedia problem statement we highlight the various challenges, issues, security attacks, or security threats faced by the cloud multimedia applications and services. Multimedia data on cloud faced a lot of issues including; cloud storage, media processing, resource allocation, notification and sharing, monitoring of system components, data tempering, data eavesdropping data theft, falsifying user identities, password-related threats, lack of accountability complex management requirements, multi-tiers systems, etc. In this research we described and classified each issue and find the best frame/architecture to solve these issues.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?