Egyptian rose cookies are easy to cook, delicious, and usually baked at religious events. Egyptian Muslims and Egyptian Christians bake these delicious cookies at their religious festivals. It is one of the famous dishes of Egypt and is equally liked by tourists and foreigners and is also a popular dish in the world. Rose water is especially used to enhance the flavor of the cookies.
How to make Egyptian rose cookies:
The ingredients used in this recipe are simple and easily available at home. These cookies can be prepared in only 1 hour and easy quick recipe. Few ingredients are required to make these Egyptian rose cookies are listed below;
- Sugar 1 cup
- Eggs 2
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Rose water 4 tsp
- Flour 2 cup
- Shortenings ⅓ cup
You can also use butter instead of shortenings. Shortenings are fat that is solid at room temperature. You can use shortening for any company, the most famous is Crisco. You can use any substitute for shortening like butter etc.
Tips and tricks to bake perfect cookies:
Baking is hard, and if you are a beginner you are going to make a lot of mistakes to make perfect cookies. It takes soo many errors and mistakes to get the best bakery-style cookies. There are some tips from the experts that you should keep in mind before baking cookies. These are some of the tips and tricks from the experts who have spent their whole careers cooking different dishes. Make sure to follow these tips to bake cookies.
Soft and perfectly blended Butter:
The best trick for making perfect cookies is to use softened butter. Beat the butter with a blender until it gets creamy and fluffy.
Measure the ingredients:
Another most important tip for baking perfect cookies is to measure all the ingredients in the right amount, it’s best to use a weighing balance. A slight imbalance in the measurements can harden your cookies and moisture imbalance in the cookies.
Right temperature and Duration:
Another error is to bake cookies at the right temperature and the duration of baking should not be changed. A slight change in the temperature and duration of the cookies can make your cookies chewy and hard. To get the best golden brown cookies, bake them at the right temperature.
Step by Step Recipe of Egyptian Rose cookies:
Here’s a step-by-step guide to baking perfect Egyptian roses cookies. Follow these simple steps to prepare cookies for a big event.
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees Fahrenheit or 170 degree Celsius.
- Take one bowl and mix shortening ( Butter), Sugar and eggs, and rose water until you get a soft and fluffy, and creamy texture.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Mix flour and salt in a bowl. Use sifted flour to avoid lumps in the mixture.
- Shift the flour mixture into a previously prepared bowl. Use a plastic spatula for mixing until all ingredients mix together.
- Leave the mixture for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a non-stick tray or cover a baking tray with a greased sheet. Make small balls of the dough with your hands, press them, and spread them on the pan.
- Sprinkle colored sugar separately on each cookie.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes at 340 degrees.
- Dish out these cookies and let them cool for some time. Once they are cooled, serve them with tea or milk to your guest, family, and friends, and enjoy your self with these tasty cookies.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?