What comes to your mind when you read or hear the word vitamin C? At first, maybe you think about juices like orange or lemon and maybe about fruits and vegetables as sources of vitamin C. Because you probably heard or read somewhere that vitamin C is rich in these foods,
But you are confused because you don’t know which vegetables and fruits are rich in vitamin C. You also don’t know the benefits of vitamin C. That’s why you are searching for it. But you haven’t found your answer yet. Whatever the reason is, we have solutions to your problem.
In this article, we will discuss the benefits of vitamin C and the sources from which you can get plenty of vitamin C.
So, let’s quickly jump into the depths of this guide.
What are the best sources of vitamin C?
Juices are one of the most famous sources of vitamin C. But if you don’t like juices, you can still find fully-loaded foods with vitamin C. It can be found in various sources, such as fruits and vegetables.
Here is a list of some fruits, vegetables, and juices that are rich in vitamin C.
- Strawberries, guava, and pineapple.
- Mango, lemon, and grapefruit.
- Watermelon and papaya
- Peppers, tomatoes, and broccoli.
- Sweet potatoes, squash, and dark leafy greens
- Cauliflower, cabbage, and citrus
- Lemon and guava juices
- Tomato and orange juices
- Mango and strawberry juice
What are the advantages of vitamin C?
Vitamin C is known as an antioxidant that helps to repair damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals can cause cancer because they make changes in cells and DNA. That’s why it should be removed from the body to live a healthier life.
Similarly, it can do more at a time than other vitamins or minerals can do collectively. It has some more benefits which are given below.
- It fights against toxic chemicals and protects our bodies against bacteria and viruses.
- It saves from health problems that include eye infection, skin wrinkling, and weaknesses of the immune system.
- Vitamin C helps in the improvement or development of blood tissues.
- It helps to heal wounds more quickly and helps with the proper functioning of the immune system as well. It accelerates the process of wound healing and helps in the steps of collagen bioynthesis.
- Vitamin C is crucial when it comes to making collagen synthesis. Furthermore, it can strengthen bones, teeth, skin, joints, and the digestive system.
- Vitamin C is not only pivotal for collagen synthesis, but it also promotes the skin regeneration process, which helps your body repair damaged skin cells.
- Adequate vitamin C in the body reduces the chance of serious infection in COVID.
- Vitamin C plays an important role in immune-boosting. It helps in the fight against such serious diseases as pneumonia and tetanus treatment. It also reduces the risk of lung inflammation and brain tumors.
- According to a study, people who take more vitamin C can live longer than other people.
- Additionally, scientific research has concluded the significance of vitamin C in promoting cardiovascular health.
How often should you take vitamin C daily?
The intake of vitamin C depends upon your age and gender. It can be different for kids, men, and women.
- 20 mg per day for kids.
- 50-65 mg per day for females.
- 70-90 mg per day for males.
- 120 mg per day for pregnant and breast-feeding women.
Your body doesn’t store vitamin C. That’s why you have to take vitamin C daily because vitamin C keeps the immune system strong.
A study shows that for those who take 70–90 mg of vitamin C daily, a person can have serious diseases like cancer and heart disease.
If you don’t take the recommended amount of vitamin C, you will have health issues because a deficiency of vitamin C can cause joint pain, gum bleeding, fatigue, and depression.
What are the safest and most effective tips for taking vitamin C?
- Don’t take more than 95 milligrams of vitamin C because it can cause several diseases like diarrhea, heartburn, headaches, nausea, vomiting, and cramps.
- Try to intake the recommended amount of vitamin C daily because our body is bombarded with several oxide ions or reactive oxygen sources. That’s why a deficiency of vitamin c leads to damaging DNA and protein damage in the membrane and even increases the risk of inflammation.
- Vitamin C is water-soluble and heat-labile, so it will reduce its nutrition if you cook it. That’s why it’s recommended by experts that you always try to intake vitamin C in salad form.
The takeaway from all of this is that vitamin C has a lot of benefits. It can protect you from several diseases because vitamin C strengthens your immune system. That’s why your body can fight against pneumonia, cancer, fatigue, and heart diseases.
Vitamin C also helps to remove wrinkles from the face and makes the skin glow. You can get vitamin C from juices, fruits, and vegetables. You have to intake 70-90 mg of vitamin C daily for better health, but don’t exceed this amount because it can damage your health as well.
So we hope that you have found this article informative and that you have got all of your answers. If you really liked this article, Kindly share and comment below. We would be pleased to hear from you.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?