This article is about exciting facts about psychology. First, understand the meaning of psychology.
The term “Psychology” is derived from the Greek word ‘psyche’ which means ‘breath, spirit, soul’ and ‘logos’ which means ‘study of’ human behavior. It is the study of mind and behavior. It works on the biological influences, social pressures, and environmental factors that affect how people think, act, and feel.
Gaining a more affluent and deeper understanding of psychology can help people achieve insights into their actions as well as a better understanding of other people. Ever wondered why you feel the way you do or do the things you do? Your mind functions have a lot to do with the way you are and the things you do. It’s amazing how every ‘unique’ mind at some level functions similarly.
These are some facts that are a clear indication of why things happen to us the way we do and we justify our reactions to same. These are the most interesting facts about psychology for students:
- For an average individual to make something a daily habit, it takes about 66 days.
- Adult human brain has average weight of three pounds.
- Individuals who could instinctively use mockery to tackle a foolish question have healthy minds.
- People who have a deep sense of guilt are better to identify the emotions and concerns of the people around them.
- Sleepy minds do more imaginative work.
- Memories start forming in the womb.
- Five positive memories could be damaged by hearing single negative thing.
- We are least imaginative in a day and more creative in night.
- When an individual looks at somebody, they love his eye pupil rises to 45%.
- Smart people tend to have fewer friends than the average person because the smarter the individual the more selective they become.
- How we view the world could be influenced by sort of music we listen.
- Studies say that we are the most imaginative at night and the least creative during the day.
- For a long time being home alone and isolated is just as bad for your well-being as smoking 15 cigarettes a day.
- People between the ages of 18 and 33 are the most stressed in the world. After the age of 33 stress levels inclines to reduce.
- Travel improves brain well-being and lowers a person’s chance of heart disease and depression.
- People who are in a position of influence and power are very poor at determining other people’s emotions.
- Stress cardiomyopathy could lead to critical, short-term heart muscle dysfunction also called a heartbroken condition. It is possible to die from it.
- Write it down in a diary if you cannot interrupt the stream of thinking at night so that your mind is at ease and you can relax and calm.
- Emotional pain is remembered better than physical pain which has a greater influence on your behavior.
- Being happy and positive people around makes you happier.
- Imagination and thoughts cause issues that didn’t exist.
- You must like a specific song because you associate an emotional event with it.
- Singing is an art that actually reduces depression and anxiety.
- Most the people are afraid of being too happy because of the fear that it something tragic might happen next.
- Human behaviors indicate that a person who loses a mobile phone experiences a fear comparable to a close-death experience.
- A hug longer than 20 seconds will produce hormones in your body that make you trust who is hugging you.
- The chemical Oxytocin is produced when you are happy. Chocolate discharges the same chemical.
- Happiness, rage, sorrow, disgust, anxiety, and surprise are the feelings that are uniformly conveyed.
- Narcissistic persons exist in around you 6% of the population.
- The sight of water has a very calming and soothing effect on people which makes happiness, and calming thoughts even more imaginative.
- Staying optimistic about the future can powerfully protect people from physical and mental illness.
- Studies show that having siblings is proven to help with getting along well with peers.
- An individual treats the employees at an establishment and talks immensely about their character.
- The first tear will come from the right eye if sob out of happiness but if you cry out of sorrow, it will come from the left.
- Food prepared by someone else tastes much better than your preparation with the same recipe.
- Hearing a single negative thing could damage at least five positive memories.
- Studies have shown that consuming food without preservatives will increase I.Q by up to 14%.
- You think more about a specific individual than about catastrophic events.
- An individual still has 7 minutes of neural activity before he passes away.
- Thinking that something bad is going to happen is less stressful to understand than not understanding how it will eventually wind up.
- Studies say that people who speak two languages can unintentionally change their personalities when they switch speaking from one language to another.
- People would rather change the truth than change their views about people.
- Being alone is harder for your health than you really believe. Loneliness and isolation damage mental health.
- The force of authority may have the same effect on a human mind as a traumatic brain injury.
- People read quicker the longer lines but prefer shorter lines.
- People are more likely to blame someone in the case when something negative happens.
- If we have a plan B, our plan A is less chance to succeed.
- The starting and the ending are easier to recall and remember than the middle ones.
- Women have half many pain receptors as males, but they have a much greater threshold for pain.
- Any relationship born between 16 and 28 years of age is stronger and more long-lasting.
- You’ll feel happy spending your money on others rather than on yourself.
- The color blue can work as an appetite suppressant.
- Letting yourself feel the negative emotions and feelings related to an event in your past might actually help you move on faster from the past.
- Your dreams are more meaningful than your conscious thoughts.
- Catching a yawn shows empathy.
- Sarcasm is a sign of a healthy brain.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?