Bang Bang Shrimp is a crowd-pleaser, there’s no doubt about that. But it’s never a pleasure to feel yucky after devouring it. I found a way to make it light, easy, and with all the BANG that you could want.
This is an easy dish, it gets ready in a maximum of fifteen minutes. This dish would serve 2 people. It has 291.6 Calories per serving.
Ingredients to make Bang Bang Shrimp:
8 oz. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/3 cup cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon coconut or canola oil
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 tablespoon agave or honey
1 teaspoon lime zest
the juice of 1/2 lime
1/4 cup chopped cilantro or scallions
Here’s How to cook:
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel, and season with salt and pepper.Set aside.
- Place the cornmeal and paprika in a bowl, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and stir until well-combined.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pot or pan over medium-high heat. While the oil comes to temperature, toss the shrimp in the cornmeal until they are evenly coated.
- Add the shrimp to the pot or pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Add the bell pepper and red pepper flakes, and sauté together for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat, then add the agave, lime zest, and lime juice. Transfer the shrimp to a serving dish and garnish with cilantro or scallions (or both).
Spicy Mayo is a perfect match for Bang Bang Shrimp
Bang Bang shrimp is best served with spicy mayo sauce. here’s how to make this sauce.
2 tablespoons plain, fat-free Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
1 teaspoon lime juice
Mix all ingredients — plus a pinch of salt and pepper — in a bowl until smooth.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?