Apart from the human residents, the home is hit by bugs and insects too. The problem seems serious yet it is not something that cannot be corrected. There are numerous easy-to-do ways to prevent and control pests in your little apartment. Prevention techniques can be really beneficial. Prevention is better than cure. Once prevented the bugs can stay away for a long time. The phases of bug control are as follows:
PHASE 1: PREVENTION
- Clean Up after kitchen tasks is essential. After completing the meal and dumping the utensils make sure to clean them timely. The cooking area should be cleaned well without leaving behind little crumbs of food and sticky spills. The insects are attracted to the food remains.
- Storage of food in airtight containers made of heavy plastic or glass I’d highly recommended. Pantry essentials like flour and sugar and pet food items need better protection. As far as mice are concerned they can chew the plastic bags. Mice can be avoided by putting your food in plastic bottles instead.
- Storing fruits and veggies: Keep the fruits and vegetables refrigerated. Keeping them at room temperature invites fruit flies and nectar-loving bees. The openly placed fruits and veggies can be a great treat for the swarm of annoying flies. Vacuum, sweep, and mop regularly. It might not be visible to us, but pests love all of the little bits that fall into carpets and collect around corners and baseboards. You can frequently find insect eggs lurking in all that accumulated dust. Gross & Dry Off the used stuff and equipment. Don’t let the standing water stay in your sinks for long. You must also keep the bathtubs, or showers dry. Roaches can survive without food, but they look for regular sources of water.
- Check the water pipes for any drips or leaks. Water damage under the cabinet is a clear sign of a leaky pipe. Such leakages are an appealing home for an unwelcome pest. The problem seems serious yet it is not something that cannot be corrected. There are numerous easy-to-do ways to prevent and control pests in your little apartment. Prevention techniques can be really beneficial. Prevention is better than cure.
- Seal Up the leakages with some caulk between the baseboards and the floor or wall, and any space around the cabinets and walls. A larger space can be filled with steel wool to prevent critters from passing through.
PHASE 2: ACTION
- Identifying the pest you’re dealing with is the essential first step in creating a plan to eliminate them from your home. For example, the Assassin Bug from the southwest is an unpleasant pest causing a real problem. House Centipede is freaky and runs across the walls. They are not harmful and can actually deal with other bug problems!
- Look for a comprehensive way of finding non-toxic ways to throw the pests out of your home. With a great deal of prevention and a few targeted actions against the already prevailing pests, the pests can be killed.
- Pest control is an essential way of dealing with a big problem. The pests can be a great enemy for the residents. The complete removal is the sum of medicines available, care, and help the pests can be removed completely.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?