This creamy BBQ Chicken Mac and Cheese is made with boneless skinless chicken thighs, which are sautéed and shredded before being tossed with a bbq sauce to give it an extra flavorful kick. It’s served over an excellent cream mac and cheese for all your dinner needs.
- 1 Ib.The skinless chicken thighs
- 1.5 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons bbq cause
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoons silt
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 200 G macaroni
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups 2% milk
How to prepare the bbq chicken?
First, you need to salt and pepper the skin of the chicken thighs generously. Now add as much chili powder and garlic powder as possible for a robust flavor. You will want to mix them up thoroughly.
Start by heating the dutch oven over medium/high heat. Then add butter to it, followed by the chicken thighs, and cook them for 5 to 6 minutes on one side or until they are at an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Set the chicken aside.
You should use a pressure cooker! The high-pressure cooking makes this process transform complex ingredients into one-pot wonders. You cook the butter, pasta, and water in the same vessel, providing an optimal base for creamy mac and cheese that elevates your meal to new heights. You only need to cook for 4 minutes, then release the pressure, which will take 11 minutes. I used an 8-quart pressure cooker with a quick release, and it took 3 minutes to come up to pressure and 11 minutes to depressurize.
- The boneless, skinless chicken thighs are tender and cook quickly. There is nothing better than a boneless thigh!
- Many different spices are blended to flavor this mac and cheese recipe. The key is to dry the chicken before cooking it in the oven. The dry rubbing can be done with delicious spices like chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Butter is mixed in a pan with flour and used to thicken the cook. We suggest using butter with salt already added to it so that no additional salt gets mixed into the dish.
- All-purpose flour– Key Ingredient For Secret Sauce
- A couple of cups of milk are used for cooking saucy macaroni.
- Adding some broth to your mac and cheese will thin it out and make it easier to eat.
- Macaroni is the perfect pairing with barbecued chicken.
- Shredded yellow cheddar cheese is better because it’s your own.
- Make the recipe your own by using one of your favorite BBQ sauces- try sweet and savory options or spicy.
- Fresh chopped parsley gives that extra touch.
Add loads of cheddar cheese
Once the macaroni has simmered for a while, you can add the shredded cheddar cheese into the casserole and stir it in. The cheese should melt almost instantaneously.
Remember to take a big pot
You’ll need enough space in your pot, such as a 7-quart dutch oven. Any pot will work, though, and cooking time may vary depending on the size of the pot and the type of sauce used.
If you start cooking the chicken and preparing your sauce now, you can easily follow the written instructions. Eventually, it will be too late to remember everything, so make sure you find out your ingredients from the beginning.
Can you make BBQ Chicken Mac and Cheese ahead of time?
This BBQ Chicken Mac and Cheese is so delicious that it’s hard to wait before eating it out of the oven. Let the dish cool and then cover or transfer it to an airtight container, where it will store well for around four days. Reheat at 360F for about 15 minutes with the top covered with foil.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?